These little cheesecakes are the PERFECT make ahead easy dessert! They are so simple and delicious, with all the cool and refreshing flavors of a Mojito. You’ll make these No Bake Mojito Cheesecakes in a Jar over and over again!
Pack It In, Pack It Out-
I live in a beautiful place that is rich with outdoor activities. Kayaking, hiking, rock climbing, cycling, the list goes on. There are some fabulous state parks nearby, and most of them have a rule that states “pack it in, pack it out” meaning there are no trash cans, so you have to leave with everything you came into the park with.
That’s what I love about these cheesecakes! They come in their own convenient packaging, so you can have your cheesecake after a long day of adventuring and not worry about throwing anything away. Best of all, they are no bake! You mean to tell me I get to have cheesecake and not turn on my oven, AND it tastes like a mojito? Sign me up!
Of course, you don’t have to save these just for a day out or for a picnic. They are great anytime! In my world, it’s always time for cheesecake anyway.
As an added bonus, these have all the fresh lime and mint flavors of a mojito. They are SO good!! I really love the jar presentation! They are reusable of course, so you cut down on overall waste. All you need are the small canning jars with lids.
What is No Bake Cheesecake, and How Is It Made?
It is just as it sounds: you don’t have to do any baking! Consequently, no bake cheesecake does not have any eggs, so it’s also great for those who have an egg allergy. There are different ways of making it. Some use unflavored gelatin to create the slight stiffness associated with the baked variety.
At its most basic, No bake cheesecake is almost always whipped cream cheese and whipped cream in the right proportion combined with sugar to create cheesecake without the oven.
To help give some body and stiffness, I’ve added a little bit of powdered sugar. I have noticed that it acts as a thickener in this particular recipe.
Important Recipe Tips
- You can use either a food processor or a sandwich bag and rolling pin to grind up the graham crackers.
- If they will fit down in the jars, you can use your fingers to press the graham crackers down into the bottom. If your fingers won’t fit, I found that a tomato paste can fit perfectly inside the mouth of my jars, and I used it to press down the crust.
- There is no need for two mixing bowls, you can use the same one for the cream cheese and the whipped cream, you don’t need to wash in between!
- These are best made far enough in advance, and they should be chilled for at least four hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
I have not tested the recipe this way. The no bake batter is not as stiff as a cheesecake you would bake, and I am not sure how well it would hold together in that form. This recipe works so well in the jars, I don’t think there is a need to put it in a springform pan!
It is best to use heavy whipping cream, it will whip up more easily and be more stiff than just using Whipping Cream.
I used small jam jars that are 6 ounces each, and the amounts of graham cracker crust and cheesecake mixture fit perfectly!
You can! Of course they would not be mojito cheesecakes anymore, but you could always replace the lime juice with lemon juice and omit the mint. Then you would have no bake lemon cheesecakes.
I tested this recipe using rum, and did not find that it added to the flavor profile at all. Instead, I left out the rum and added extra lime juice and I found it really did the trick!
These are of course eaten right out of the jar. They are the absolute perfect picnic dessert, and great with Chicken Salad with Bacon and Caramelized Onions. I love making these when we are having company over, because it’s a make ahead dessert and each guest gets their own individual cheesecake.
This recipe is easily doubled to serve more people, just be sure you have enough jars on hand. They will keep for about five days refrigerated. You can either chop the mint and add it right before refrigerating them, or you can wait to add the mint until you serve them.
Between you and me, you don’t even have to make these for a crowd! You can make them and have a few nights of dessert waiting for you in the fridge.
If you loved this recipe, please leave a rating or comment and share with friends on Social Media. I always love to hear from you! Be sure to sign up for my newsletter, with all the latest news and exclusive content. Happy Cooking!
No Bake Mojito Cheesecakes in a Jar
For the Crust
- 4 sheets of Graham Crackers, crushed
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 tsp Granulated Sugar
For the Cheesecake Batter
- 2/3 cup Heavy Whipping Cream, chilled
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 Tbsp chopped Fresh Mint Leaves
For the Crust
- Using a food processor or a plastic sandwich bag with a rolling pin, crush the graham crackers.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the unsalted butter. Add the crushed graham crackers and 1 tsp of granulated sugar to the bowl and stir until the cracker crumbs have absorbed the butter.
- Spoon the crust evenly into the jam jars, and use your fingers or a tomato paste can to press the crust down. Place the jars in the freezer to allow the crust to set while you prepare the cheesecake batter.
For the Cheesecake Batter
- In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, beat the heavy whipping cream on medium high sped until stiff, about 5 minutes. Watch it closely to avoid overbeating.
- Once the cream is whipped, scrape it into a bowl and refrigerate.
- Place the mixer bowl back on the stand mixer (no need to wash the mixer bowl). Add the softened cream cheese, 1/3 cup of granulated sugar, and the powdered sugar to the bowl. Using the paddle attachment, whip the sugars and cream cheese until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add the lime juice to the cream cheese mixture and stir for a minute or two until combined.
- Remove the whipped cream from the refrigerator and add it to the mixer bowl. Using the paddle attachment, stir the cream cheese and whipped cream together ion low speed to incorporate.
- Take the jam jars out of the refrigerator and add spoon the batter into them evenly. If you are using 6 ounce jars, the batter should come up to the very top of the jar right below the rim.
- Top each cheesecake with chopped fresh mint, place the lids on, and refrigerate for at least four hours before serving.
To soften cream cheese, it can be microwaved for 30 seconds on a microwave safe plate, or left out on your kitchen counter until room temperature.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 537Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 118mgSodium: 260mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 1gSugar: 29gProtein: 6g
All information presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist or registered dietitian and any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline. Statements within this site have not been evaluated or approved by the Food and Drug Administration. Nutritional information is provided for recipes contained on this site. This information comes from online calculators. Although The Copper Table attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
Such a delicious idea, so simple and with all the flavours of the classic mojito!
Thank you Janice!
This is the perfect bbq party dessert. I love key lime, so I know this will be a hit. Fun to make and fun to eat.
Thank you Gloria, I hope you enjoy them!
Jessica Formicola says
Cheesecake in a jar sounds like the best idea ever! That mojito flavor is incredible and I can’t wait to make it again!
I’m so glad you loved these Jessica!
What a lovely idea for a picnic dessert or even just individually portioned desserts for any event.
Thank you Bernice, I hope you like them!
These no bake mojito cheesecakes are a great idea! Love how easy they are to make.
Thank you Anaiah, they really are easy and so fun!
Chef Dennis says
This is such a perfect idea! Your No Bake Mojito Cheesecakes look sooo mouthwatering.
Thank you Chef Dennis! I hope you enjoy them!
Lauren Michael Harris says
Give me all of the mojito cheesecake please!! What a great flavor for cheesecake and I love how simple it is to. make in cute little single serving jars!
I love these too Lauren! It really is the perfect flavor combo for cheesecake.
I love these individually proportioned cheesecakes! I know this is going to be a hit at my house, so I am definitely giving them a go. Thank you so much for the recipe 🙂
You are so welcome Cathleen! I hope you all enjoy them.
This mojito cheesecake is amazing! It has all the flavors of a mojito and it’s a no bake recipe which makes it even easier! Will make again 🙂
I’m glad you loved these Katheryn!
How cute are these?! I’m planning to make a whole batch for a party and it’ll be nice to have everything already served in a single portion!
These are so great for parties! I hope they are a hit with your guests!
What a delicious dessert – love the presentation!
Thank you Alexandra!
WOW, I absolutely love this!!!!
Thank you Ruth, I hope you enjoy them!
Kayla DiMaggio says
Yum! These look so scrumptious! No bake cheesecake is my favorite and it is so fun and easy to make! thank you for sharing this recipe!
You are very welcome Kayla!
Such a fun cute little dessert!
You had me at no-bake, oh no wait, at mojito! This is an incredible combo that caught my attention. No-bake is a great option in summer and so is mojito! Yum Yum!
Thank you Melanie, I also love this flavor combo! These are so great in the Summer!
I love cheesecake AND I love mojitos. This recipe is a win/win for me! Thank you so much for providing such a fun and creative treat!
You are so welcome!
What a wonderful recipe! The mojito cheesecakes look delicious and healthy. Love the jar idea! Thank you for your post; I will definitely make these.
You are most welcome Jenny!
Katie Youngs says
I love that these come in their own little jars. So cute!
These cool and creamy Mojito Cheesecakes are fantastic! This is the perfect dessert for the summer months and great for serving a crowd. We loved the grab and go you had with this dessert.
Thank you Debbie, I am so happy you loved them!
The flavor combo was amazing and the fact that I did not have to bake anything even better. Win win!
Everyday is a great day for cheesecake, especially mojito cheesecake. No bake, super easy, and incredibly delish!!
Niki | Life as a LEO Wife says
This looks delicious! Mojito & cheesecake?! Yes, please lol. I found your blog over on Home Matters Linky Party, & I’d love to have you come over & share on Crafty Creators Link Party. It’s open every week from Thursdays at 6am thru Mondays at 11:59pm. While you’re there, you can also share on Happiness is Homemade, open Sundays thru Mondays usually, but I’ve opened it early today. It’s shared across 7 blogs.
Hope to see you there!
Niki | LifeasaLEOWife.com
Thanks so much Niki! I’d love to take part, I just shared one!