Farm To Table Christmas Menu- If you are looking to create a wonderful holiday meal for you and your family and guests that is from scratch and using fresh ingredients, then this collection is for you! Each recipe is easy and some of them can be made ahead! I have also included a section with all kinds of information that will help you prep and plan your dinner. This will be a Christmas dinner to remember!
How To Make Your Christmas Dinner a Farm To Table Experience
Most Farmers Markets are done for the season by the time Christmas rolls around, but don’t let that discourage you from trying to use ingredients from local producers!
If there is a grocery store near you that sells locally grown produce and meat, definitely take advantage of that!
Here are some other suggestions:
- Contact farms in your area to see if they might have any produce or meat on hand.
- Follow local farms and farmers markets on social media. They will often post to let followers know they have items for sale that you may be looking for!
- If locally grown products can’t be found, by all means use what your grocery store carries.
- Make everything from scratch, don’t use anything pre packaged or canned. The recipes in this list will help you do that!
Farm To Table Holiday Dinner Recipes
This collection of recipes has many options to choose from to make your farm fresh Christmas Dinner truly special. You certainly don’t have to cook them all, just choose which dishes you know you and your guests will enjoy!
Farmers Market Soups And Appetizers For Christmas Dinner
The holidays are a great time to enjoy appetizers and soups. You'll find great ideas here that are easy and can be made in advance to save you time!
Farm To Table Christmas Main Dishes
These main dishes are easy as well as delicious, and are wonderful with most any sides!
Farm Fresh Christmas Side Dishes
From veggies to risotto to dressing, you will find it all here. These options are perfect with any main dish or dessert you choose to serve. All are homemade using the freshest of ingredients, and easy too!
Salads For Christmas Dinner
Add freshness to the table with an easy salad! It is a nice way to cut through the richness of the rest of the meal while using lots of beautiful fresh produce.
Christmas Desserts From The Farm
The best part of the meal- dessert! There are a few less traditional choices in this list, because I happen to like changing it up, and I hope you will try a few of these suggestions!
How to Prep and Plan A Farm To Table Christmas Meal
Many of these recipes can be made in advance and reheated, making your Christmas dinner day of preparation relatively minimal.
Are you hoping to do some of the cooking in advance? Here are some ideas to help you get started:
- Any of the dessert recipes in this menu can be made a day or two ion advance and they can sit until you’re ready to serve. The no-bake pumpkin cheesecake bars and the dark chocolate orange cheesecake need to be made a day in advance so that they can set.
- With the exception of the Pumpkin Mushroom Risotto and the Chanterelle Mushroom Green Bean Casserole, all of the side dishes can be made ahead and reheated if necessary.
- Are you are making the green bean casserole as part of your meal? If so, you can cook the green beans a day ahead. Then, simply make the mushroom gravy and the crispy shallots the day of your dinner. Then assemble the casserole, bake and serve.
- All of the appetizers and the leek and potato soup in the menu can be made ahead as well.
- If you want some of the items to be fresh and not made ahead, I recommend doing the Pot Roast as your main dish. This way, your oven is free for cooking the vegetable sides while the roast hangs out in the slow cooker!
I hope these tips are helpful to you, and that you and your guests enjoy this Farm To Table Christmas Menu! Please share this collection with friends on social media! If you enjoyed these recipes, don’t forget to leave a comment on this post! If you’d like to receive my newsletter, you can sign up below. Have a wonderful holiday season, and Happy Cooking!